Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Ahhhhh. That was the most relaxing Christmas I've ever experienced. The few days before Christmas have always been a little too stressful and boys fighting and dinners and I missed something and I don't spend time with my kids, where did the reason for the season go?? etc.etc.
For some reason, this year, I have fallen in love with having a house full of teenagers. It was the season to kick back. Christmas Eve, everybody helped, dinner was low-key, with just my folks, went to bed about 10:30pm, after watching "It's a Wonderful Life" and reading Luke 2, of coarse.
I love that this year the boys went and worked out on the treadmill, and lifted weights, etc down stairs until they got themselvestotally exhausted. Loved it. They went to bed with instructions that the parents are not to be awakened before 7am. Oh please, by 6:30 I couldn't stand it and started buggin' Sam until he woke up. The kids heard us and it didn't seem like a Sunday morning trying to get them out of bed for church:) They were up and ready to rip the wrapping! It was nice to just sit there and relax while they handed out presents etc. and took care of it all.
Well, Sam landed in the hospital on the 22nd and still can't use his back well, so he took the boys with him to the farm to help with chores and I got to be home, alone for 1 1/2 hours. Ahhhhh. It was lovely. I sent some Facebook wishes to friends, finished my book and puttered around putting stuff away. Lovely. We went up to my folks later and played around for a while. Went down to the farm for Christmas dinner with the Stewart's and we were home by 7:30. Relaxed. The boys were happy. Sam was happy, and I slept well that night. ahhhhh.
I have a good life.

4 comments:

shauni said...

Merry Christmas! It's always fun to hear what you guys have been up to. Wish we could have seen you guys at the farm for Christmas dinner- maybe next year!

konnie said...

A blog!!!! Yeah. I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas.

Amanda D said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas, Laura. Happy New Year!

And isn't it funny how much easier it is to get the kids up on Christmas than it is on Sundays?

chunkymonkey said...

You make having teenagers sound like a vacation! Some days I try to tell myself that life won't always be what it is with the little one, that I'll miss it, hope for happy teens...and its nice to know that it isn't so bad down the road.